Retail Case : Need to quickly understand the competitive landscape ?
Real time retail intelligence can give you a fast and reliable reading on the actual market situation. In just a few hours, get data and imagery on availability, stocking, pricing and promotional materials, as the following shampoo product study demonstrates.
(Nationwide Shampoo Audit in Hong Kong, covering Key Account channels for 200 stores: Chain Supermarkets (ParknShop & Wellcome) & Chain Drug Stores (Mannings & Watsons))
- Get instant visibility on the REAL retail price – and understand differences across channels and banners – for example, the same Palmolive shampoo 720ml sells at $29.9 at Wellcome and $31.9 at ParknShop.
- Understand price tiers and COMPETITIVE offerings – product selection varies significantly within category and across banner, with offerings ranging from just $23.70 to $99.90 – a factor of 300%. Understanding relative pricing gives deeper insight into competitive set and the management of your own pricing strategy.
- Measure weight of PROMOTIONAL activity to better understand the effect of pricing strategy – By itself, pricing information but may not reflect the entire situation vis a vis attractiveness of an offer to shoppers. By measuring in store promotional activity, we can better understand synergies between price and other forms of promotion and with it, gain a deeper insight into brand performance.
Using the latest retail audit technologies, it’s possible to quickly and easily compare SKU level performance metrics and access backup imagery for any location – all in real time. In a single glance, for any SKU, check;
- Stock levels/ OOS status
- Current and/ or promotional pricing
- Floor stacking, secondary display
- …and any other metric of interest
Get in touch today to learn more.